The mighty Mercedes W154 was created by Daimler Benz to comply with the new 3 litre capacity limit for the 1938 Grand Prix season. The car, designed by Rudolph Uhlenaut was fitted with a 2,962 cc supercharged V12 engine which developed 425bhp. The team would claim the first three places at its first major race, the French Grand Prix at Reims, Rudolf Carraciola seen here at the wheel, would go on to win the drivers championship followed by his team mates in the next three places.
This painting is featured on pages 74 and 75 of the limited edition Uli Ehret book "Racing Legends" Volume 4
This painting is currently professionally framed and glazed, please enquire regarding shipping options.
The copywrite watermark does not appear on the original painting